Wednesday, July 24, 2019

crying over cars...again

Tonight, I went to her daughters house and I nearly lost my mind. I couldn't believe it----HER CAR was in the driveway. (!) That Silver-colored dodge grand caravan. The one I got yelled at in all those times (some of our worst moments were in that car!). The one I drove to my house after the funeral and thought to myself "last time driving this". The one that is totally wheelchair adapted. The one with the Kansas and "El Dorado" plates. The one I used to get so excited to see in the driveway or at St Marys---and there were a few times I had the thrill of driving past it on Fish Hatchery road!! The one I used to think I was cool when I drove it. I nearly lost my mind when I saw it there. I couldn't believe that it was there. I stopped right in my tracks and had to soak it all in. (and yes, I am still just talking about a car) all the memories---lifting the ramp, the seat belt, feeling tall, going home from St Mary's getting yelled at....

During dinner at the kitchen island, we had a guess-contest for how many miles she put on her wheelchair. I guessed 700, but it was just in the 300s.

Never knew I could do so much crying about cars.....

No comments:

Post a Comment