Wednesday, August 14, 2019

crying over cars (still); some other happenings

Last week, I heard the story of the song at the scaffold on audio (the story of civilization volume 3), and was inspired to read the actual book. I can only hope to have that kind of accepting joy like the nuns had, when I am about to do something I don't want to!


Last week, I took a trip for 8 days to visit/babysit for a family I used to babysit more regularly. They just had their 6th baby in July. I live life fast & hard chasing the 2 year old around all day, playing with the other kids, holding the baby, and eating Popsicles + hanging out with their mom each night. This made for exhausting days, but it was great trip!


On the trip, I was walking home from an afternoon out with the two year old in the stroller. We turned from the library, and there was a silver grand caravan braun ability adapted van, and all of a sudden, the tears came hard for me. I cried the whole walk back to the house. Jeremiah kept saying "Don't crying Miss Frannie" and it was maybe the cutest thing ever. It IS a little frustrating how much crying I do over cars these days....


In other car notes, I am pretty close to rebuilding the engine on my Camry, so I will hopefully have that back soon.


Liturgical Living this month:
this was the first time I did this/knew about this---the Portuincula Indulgence
+ the regular things


got the steers butchered this week. picked up the pork from the pigs. and now all I can think about is getting more steers and more pigs. I'm quite bored with just one turkey ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment