Friday, July 12, 2019

busy days

This week has been an especially busy week. Last week we had a fair which was great, but very tiring, and a lot of work for me, since it seemed like every superintendent wanted to give me jobs to do. At the fair I had so many texts for babysitting! I definitely felt overwhelmed and anxious for the coming week.

Monday, July 8
made it to low mass
I babysat twice, 5 hours an hour from home, and 3 hours, closer to home right after that.

Tuesday, July 9
babysat in the morning, 9-12; in the afternoon, 12:30-2:30, went home in hopes of regrouping but I had so many texts and emails that I got those done, prepped for the next day, did chores and was off again; I babysat at another house from 5-8:30. The kids kept asking me to bring my swimsuit for Thursday  morning when I babysit them. When I left I figured that for babysitting 3 times in one day, I earned a trip to culvers and my car needed a big drink.

Wednesday, July 10
Babysat in the morning 8:30-1 at the same house as Tuesday afternoon, 1:45-4:25 was watching my new person to take care of (not sure what else to call her)--took her for her first spin in a new scooter and we went for a little expedition, then, did more organizing with her.

Thursday, July 11
babysat 7:30am-1pm with the Tuesday night family, and did in fact, bring my swimsuit. Went home for just a little. Babysat again from 2:45-4:30 to the Tuesday and Wednesday family. Spent the afternoon at a friends house. I was at Mrs KBL's daughters house and I had a moment of panic before I walked in the house---I've been there several times since she died...maybe they just recently did this, or I didn't notice before, but the ramps were gone. (!!) I stopped in my tracks. a reminder that she is gone.
Lice has been going around (with much hysteria) in our homeschool group, and since I was around so many affected families, I thoroughly checked myself for lice, didn't see any, used a robi comb, and then did the overnight olive oil soak.

Friday, July 12
Today, I woke up early and showered in attempt to get all of the olive oil out of my hair.
Went to low mass.
and went to help out a family with 3 month old twins for 6 hours. It was great. My thrill was changing two diapers at one time and calling the boys "little T" and "little M" after my friends's twins.
I'm off to feed steers, and in a few hours, I'm off to babysit again for a few hours.


Although I babysit twice a day very frequently, and have babysat 3x in one day at least 2 or 3 other times, this week was especially interesting because of babysitting twice all the days but Tuesday, and then babysitting three times that day.
I am currently not scheduled to babysit again until Sunday ;)

I am a little exhausted ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment