Sunday, March 24, 2019

Lent week 2:: 3/18/19-3/23/19

Low Mass isn't/wasn't offered Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday

Monday 3/18/19
-Read from Lent for Children, A Time of Renewal, Lives of the Saints, Saints a Year in faith and art
-Made St Joseph's day plans
-Listened to Jesus of Nazareth by Mother Mary Loyola on Librivox (I kind of forgot that I started this)

Tuesday 3/19/19 Saint Joseph
-Mass
-read from Lent for Children, With the church volume 1, saints a year in faith and art, a time of renewal, the catholic all year compendium, signs and symbols in christian art, the year and our children, a character calendar & lives of the saints
-Father Oak: white
{making plans}



{plans for the day}

3/20/19
-Read from: a time of renewal, lent for children

3/21/19 Saint Benedict
-Low Mass; Father Oak: Purple; Ferial Mass for Thursday of the Second week of Lent-I think
-Took advantage of Tan Books 40% off sale (This probably doesn't cunt as liturgical living, but I did do it in honor of today's feast day)
-Read from: Lent for Children, A Time of Renewal, Lives of the Saints

3/22/19
-missed mass because I slept in
-Read from Lent for Children, A time of renewal, Hoever's Lives of the Saints

3/23/19:
-Read from: Lent for Children, a time of renewal
-Read from "Saints & Festivals"
-Said the stations of the cross with my own booklet (I'd say it was basically a success)
-Ordered/bought: Catholic All April Booklet +  Catholic All Visits to the Blessed Sacrament booklet. SUPER excited for these!!
-Mass

end of week 2 update:
So Lent has been going pretty well. I haven't said the Stations of the Cross as much as I wanted, but have been doing a simplified one every time I go to mass. I have been doing "enough" reading, although I want to listen to Jesus of Nazareth More on Librivox. Originally I was going to not listen to anything on Spotify or YouTube for all of Lent, but I have really failed on that already, as I still have been using spotify nearly every day, but I have been listening to more Latin lesson CDs, and I have turned down my amount of recreational YouTubing-so that is good, AND I have curbed my trips to culvers, which was another thing I wanted to accomplish over Lent...
I have been sprinkling in some bible history reading towards the end of this week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment