Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Feast of the Annunciation:: 3/25/19

~making plans~
-Mass
-Lenten reading: Lent for Children, A Time of Renewal
-Calendar Work: Tan Books
-Father Oak:
-Feast day reading: With the Church Volume 1, Hoever's Lives of the Saints, Catholic All March Booklet, Catholic All Year Compendium, A Character Calendar,
-Art: Signs & Symbols in Christian Art
-Wildflowers and Marbles blog, The Magnificat, Writing/Notes, the Litany of Loretto, look at art/picture study

(typically the day before a "big"/"bigger" feast day I will make my plans for the day on a spiral notebook like this--it's not much different than my daily routine, but it is nice to have on paper and not just in my head--plus I can look back on it in future years. Putting these notes on papers also, help me to feel organized for the day--although, this planning is nothing extravagant.)

3/25/19
A packed day for the liturgical year--and I soaked it in as much as I could! As well as doing lots of writing as it related to the day, and taking many notes.
-I Prayed the stations of the cross (and once again observed all of the edits I need to make on my document) because it was the feast of St Dismas
-I went to a lovely sung mass at Saint Mary's Pine Bluff said by Father Z
-Before bed I read from the Catholic All March booklet
-Calendar Work: Tan Books
-Read from: Lent for children, a time of renewal, the catholic all year compendium, Mondays with Mary, with the church volume 1, the wild flowers & Marbles blog (+picture study from there), Father Z's blog, Saints a Year in faith and art, Signs and Symbols in christian art
-Prayed the Angelus several times, and the litany of loretto

all this made for a very lovely day with much reflection, learning and appreciating the riches of our Holy Catholic Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment