Saturday, October 12, 2019

October 2019: Taco Bell Burrito, Music lately & car troubles that continue

I try to write "daybook" updates every few weeks to note seasonal, daily and weekly changes in my life. These kinds of updates are not particularly detailed and are quite random.

I found myself at the Taco Bell Drive in, with a cloudy, rainy world outside of the Rental car that we were in..... and I thought to myself: "I haven't had a burrito in like 5 months!" suddenly the memories and feelings came back to me....all of those burritos I had at the hospital. the burritos that became  my favorite thing to get at the cafeteria. the burrito I started to have just hours before she died.... I remembered the trek down to the cafeteria from the various hospital rooms she was in. I remembered the skaters that the kids wore. I remembered the cafeteria and how I think that the UW hospital has a great cafeteria.
(I'm trying to make that whole I-was-at-taco-bell-thing a little more poetic, but, for now, its a just a blurb)



Songs I've been loving:
-Wisconsin by Glenn Yarbrough (since I've been driving the truck a lot, I've been listening to dad's music and have really come to love this song over the past few days, and am starting to memorize it :)
-still been into the Beetles
-Everybody wants to rule the world
-one piece at a time by Johnny Cash (my car theme song----civic has been having radiator problems, but is not working again because my brother "bled the lines" (whatever that means) and an engine was found for my Camry---so, that means we will rebuild it soon!)

Comedy Lately:
-Chris Fleming/Gayle Videos---baby got back, D batteries----hilarious!

Trying:
-st John's wort....not sure  if it does anything/if its doing anything yet.... I have been taking it for 5 days. I decided I will try it for a month and then see if it helps after that.


Fall is coming too fast for me. I am still working on using my cultivate what matters powersheets and just hit my first 3 month reset (I haven't been using the monthly pages once a month...just when ever a I feel the need to regroup (which is a frequent feeling!) but I go through the sheets every few weeks.)

Looking forward to....
-an upcoming wedding
-rebuilding my camry
-getting rid of my civic (yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment