Monday, February 4, 2019

Feast of St Brigid, Candlemas Day! & St Blaise (2/1, 2/2 & 2/3):: it feels like spring!



2/1
St Brigid is who I chose as my confirmation saint. I remember not being able to decide on a confirmation name (I don't remember who the contenders were), and I was at DTS one night and the Saint of the Night was St Brigid of Ireland. I don't know what overcame me but it was then and there that I decided on my confirmation name/saint. Later on I said, because she is a patron of dairy workers, saying that it was my first year showing dairy that year. (That doesn't seem like a great reason to me, but I am the same person who named a calf "Pius" because Pope Pius X is my favorite pope, so I guess sometimes my logic doesn't make sense...) That night, after DTS was over, I went up to our leader, the one and only Eddie Cotter, and announced that I had decided on my confirmation saint that night as we turned off all the lights. I don't remember what else that happened but he did give me a printout of his notes for the night on her. I still think that she is really fascinating and "folky".

Audio:
the life of St Brigid


I really didn't do much to celebrate this day, except have a party in my head.

This day was also the feast of St Ignatius of Antioch. I went to Low Mass and read about him in Character Calendar.

2/2
Candlemas Day!

Reading Material:
-Saints a year in faith and art
-Tan Books Calendar
-Hoever's Lives of the Saints
-The Catholic All Year Compendium
-With the Church volume 1
-Fish Eaters website
-The Holy Day book
-The Year and Our Children
-Catholic all February
-A Character Calendar

{how my cube shelf looks right now}

{some reading for the day + Father Oak}

{some reading for the day}

{more reading, at night} (the words of Simeon are one of my favorite)


(all of this reading happened throughout the day, not all at once)

2/3
St Blaise

-throat blessed (on 2/2)

Reading from: A Character Calendar (I didn't ever get to other readings or art work for the day, although I had some other things out to do)

_____________________
I'd say it was a liturgically full weekend. :) I kept up with some calendar work, Mass, and lots of writing/notes.
Here's to our next liturgical living marathon!


No comments:

Post a Comment